16 Sep 2016
Laundry Hacks that every lazy person should know…..and everyone else too.
Here are seven top laundry hacks for everyone…..
- Got something wrinkled? Throw it into the dryer with a dryer sheet and an ice cube – the steam will freshen it up in an instant.
- Toss your smalls into wash bags, saves time handwashing your bras and keeps your socks together to avoid those inevitable orphans.
- Pesky stains on your favourite top? Rub the spot with chalk or baby powder and leave overnight, to soak up the grease.
- To speed up a loads drying time – toss a clean towel in the machine and put it on a spin cycle before hanging out, the towel will suck up the extra moisture.
- Add a pinch of salt to your laundry to brighten your clothes.
- A cup of distilled vinegar tossed into the washing will stop colours from bleeding.
- Once a month clean your washing machine so it can continue doing your dirty work. Mix a ¼ cup of bicarb soda and a ¼ cup of water and put it into the detergent container, then pour 2 cups of distilled vinegar into the machine and run it on the hottest cycle.
These are but a few tips sourced from domain.com.au, your washing and your washing machine will love you for them.
source: domain.com.au author Cora De Haas